Online Exhibition Opportunities for School of Art Students
Two upcoming online exhibition opportunities for current School of Art Students. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Martin Wong Gallery - Proposals Due September 21, 2020
Open to all students currently enrolled in the School of Art
We have three options for the Fall Semester. All of them involve Instagram @sfsumwg. For each option, you will need to include at least five images . We will post at least one image per day from Monday-Friday.
Please send an email (subject line: MWG Proposal) with a PDF attachment that includes the following information:
• Phone number
• Exhibition summary (200 words or less)
• Work Samples (up to 4 images, at least 2 images)
For group shows please only submit one application with everyone’s information included. Feel free to leave us any additional comments about why you’re interested in working with the Martin Wong Gallery.
2) The Fine Arts Gallery will present the 33rd Annual Stillwell Student Exhibition online during November and December 2020 - Deadline: email must be received before midnight on Thursday, October 15, 2020
ONLINE EXHIBITION OPPORTUNITY LIMITED TO UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN AT LEAST ONE SCHOOL OF ART CLASS
Students currently enrolled in ART619, Exhibition Design, will review all submissions to the exhibition and serve as the jury. Curator, consultant, and project-based artist Rhiannon Evans MacFadyen will serve as Jury Proctor and will review all submissions.
Every undergraduate student currently enrolled in at least one School of Art class (art studio, art history, museum studies) can submit up to three (3) works for review. All artists will be represented by one work, and possibly more, depending on the selections made by the jury. All media are welcome. This will be an ONLINE ONLY exhibition, presented on kunstmatrix.com
How To Submit Work: by email to email@example.com
Attach the Following to the Email:
- Subject line: “2020 Stillwell Submission”
- One (1) image of each work, and additional details if possible
FOR JPGS: 72dpi, 3MB max. Please title each jpeg as "ImageNumber_Last Name" for example: "01_Bliss"
- Include a short (10 seconds or less) video of three-dimensional work, if possible
- Include a link to video submissions
- Three sentences of text (an artist statement) that will help the jury understand each work.
- A List that includes the following information for all work submitted:
Title, Year completed, Media, Dimensions, Running time (for videos)
Please Note: The SF State email system sometimes drops emails with large attached documents. Please send multiple emails if needed. You will receive an emailed acknowledgment from us within 24 hours. If you do not, please re-send. Thank you.